Freelance Church Administrator
** APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS ROLE **
New Life Church Catford is a recent church plant seeking someone to work flexibly as a freelance administrator to support us in our mission of Growing a Christ-centred community to reach Catford for Christ.
New Life Church Catford is an independent evangelical reformed church with our activities primarily based in Catford, South East London.
We are a multicultural church family, which formally launched in September 2018 as part of the Co-Mission network of churches and in partnership with Grace Church Brockley, where a number of the launch group originated from. Aside from Sunday services, our ministry activities include midweek fellowship groups, men’s and women’s ministries, International Café outreach, street evangelism, Berea youth group, evangelistic events.
Our Mission: Growing a Christ-centred community to reach Catford for Christ.
· Sound Teaching – we care about teaching the whole Bible with clarity and faithfulness.
· Disciple Making – we care about evangelising the lost and nurturing the believer, all out of obedience to Jesus’ great commission to make disciples of all nations.
· Community Loving – we care about prioritising love and commitment to our church family, whilst allowing our love to overflow to our local community.
· Prayer Driven – we care about being active in prayer to God, both personally and corporately, for each other, our church and the world.
We are seeking part-time administrative support for the church’s operations. As this is a new role, we are looking for somebody to initially take this on as a one-year project (as a preferred minimum) and to help us to define the role and establish new systems, processes and templates.
We envisage that the administrator role will include the following responsibilities:
· Preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes.
· Populating various rotas on the church website.
· Preparing and printing Sunday service sheets.
· Collating the PowerPoint slides for the Sunday service.
· Managing church contact list and sending out mailshots (e.g. for upcoming guest events, reminder emails for regular church events).
· Managing and keeping the church calendar up to date.
· Ownership of the admin email account and responding to emails.
· Drafting and keeping church policies up to date.
· Securely collecting, storing and entering personal data from various consent forms.
Location, Hours and Pay
The role can be carried out from the worker’s home or premises, but office space will also be available at: The Salvation Army, 23-25 Brownhill Road, Catford, SE6 2HE (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
We are seeking this freelance administrative support for 2-3 days per week (up to a maximum of 24 hours of work per week), ideally with an initial commitment of 12 months. The rate of pay will be £10 per hour and the role could be fitted in alongside other part-time work or childcare responsibilities.
The individual will need to keep an accurate log of hours worked; invoice the church on a monthly basis; and account directly to HMRC in respect of this self-employed work.
Get in Touch
To apply to provide this support, please email your CV (including contact details) to . If you have any questions, please email and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.